Wednesday 7 July 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Rué and Jeremy Kyle.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Monster a-Go Go, directed by Bill Rebane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1965 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Gérard Rué: French professional road cycling racer (1987-96), one of the best teammates of Miguel Indurain in the Banesto team.
- Jeremy Kyle: English television presenter.
- Mo Collins: American actress and screenwriter.
- Paula Devicq: Canadian actress.
- Jeremy Guscott: English rugby player and sportscaster.
- Moshe Sharett: Israeli politican.
- Otis Redding records Respect
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 July 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?