Monday 7 June 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Francois and Jean-Pierre François.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Back In My Arms Again by The Supremes.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while How To Be A Jewish Mother by Dan Greenburg was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1965 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Jean-Pierre Francois: French footballer and singer.
- Jean-Pierre François: French singer and former footballer (soccer player).
- Mick Foley: Wrestler.
- Damien Hirst: English painter and art collector.
- Emanuela Pacotto: Italian actress.
- Billy Reeves: English guitarist songwriter and producer (Theaudience)
- Christine Roque: French singer
- Gemini 4 completes 62 orbits
- Morocco King Hassan suspends constitution, grabs power
- Sony Corp introduced its home video tape recorder, priced at $995
- Supreme Court rules 1879 Ct law ban of contraceptives unconstitutional
- The Supreme Court of the United States hands down its decision in Griswold v. Connecticut, effectively legalizing the use of contraception by married couples.
- A mining accident in Kakanj, Bosnia and Herzegovina, results in 128 deaths.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?