Saturday 17 July 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Winter and Ken Evraire.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Kwaidan, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Flight Of The Falcon by Daphne Du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 July 1965 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Alex Winter: English film director.
- Ken Evraire: CFL slot back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Billy Mitchell: American gamer.
- Craig Morgan: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Santiago Segura: Spanish actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Luiz Cosme: Composer, dies at 57.
- WLCY (now WTSP) TV channel 10 in St. Petersburg-Tampa, Florida (ABC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?