Tuesday 7 June 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Milan Lucic and Michael Cera.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to One More Try by George Michael.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
Red Heat, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Charm School by Nelson DeMille was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching TV Pirata.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emlyn Hughes International Soccer or Hard Head.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1988!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1988 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
Famous Birthdays:07 June
- Vernon Washington: American actor (Born 1927).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - One More Try
- Rick Astley - Together Forever (Remix)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Everything Your Heart Desires
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
- Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat
- The Jets - Make It Real
- Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
- Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand
- Bruce Hornsby - The Valley Road
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?