Saturday June 27, 1908
US date format: 6/27/1908, UK date format: 27/6/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 27, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include João Guimarães Rosa and William Eric David Davis.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 27, 1908?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 27, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - Love Me and the World is Mine
- Henry Burr - As Long as the World Rolls On
- Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson - Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All)
- Billy Murray - Bon-Bon Buddy
- Arthur Pryor's Band - Happy Days March