Saturday 27 June 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 27, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include João Guimarães Rosa and William Eric David Davis.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1908 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- João Guimarães Rosa
- Hans de Jong: Musician / conductor (De Damrakkertjes).
- William Eric David Davis: Broadcaster.
- Joao Guimaraes Rosa: Brazilian writer (d. 1967).
- João Rosa: Brazilian physician and author (d. 1967).
- Gene Venzke: American runner (d. 1992).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet