Thursday 7 May 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Bernardini and Luis Castresana.
Strike, directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Constant Nymph by Margaret Kenned was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1925 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Sergio Bernardini: Italian entrepreneur and theater manager, who died in Asti on 2 October 1993.
- Luis Castresana: Spanish journalist, writer and painter.
- Paxton Davis: American journalist, educator and writer of twelve books.
- Luiz Pacheco: Portuguese writer, a neo-abjectionist, advocate and publisher of the early writings of the Portuguese surrealists.
- Lauri Vaska: Estonian-American chemist and academic (d. 2015).
- William Hesketh Lever: First Viscount Leverhulme (Born 1851).
- Phillies have their 8th game postponed in a row
- Pirate shortstop Glenn Wright makes an unassisted triple play
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When My Sugar Walks Down The Street - Gene Austin & Aileen Stanley
- The Fire Bird, Part 1 - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Oh! Lady Be Good - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?