Friday 7 May 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 7, 1965). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gila Goldstein and Reuben Davis (American football).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Gabino Barrera, directed by René Cardona, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while My Shadow Ran Fast by Bill Sands was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Orlando.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1965
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1965 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Gila Goldstein
- Reuben Davis (American football)
- Owen Hart: Canadian professional wrestler (Born 1965).
- Norman Whiteside: Northern Irish footballer and manager.
- Huang Zhihong: Chinese shot putter.
- Takaya Kamikawa: Japanese actor.
- Reuben Davis: American football player, a defensive tackle for the San Diego Chargers.
- WAOW TV channel 9 in Wausau, WI (ABC) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
- Sounds Orchestral - Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Top #10 R&B songs
- Little Milton - We're Gonna Make It
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Temptations - It's Growing
- The Miracles - Ooo Baby Baby
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Shotgun
- Billy Stewart - I Do Love You
- Solomon Burke - Got To Get You Off My Mind
- Gene Chandler - Nothing Can Stop Me
- Martha & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- The Impressions - Woman's Got Soul
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?