Tuesday 12 May 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Simon and Tony Hancock.
Strike, directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1925!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1925 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- John Simon: Theater critic (NY Times).
- Tony Hancock: Birmingham, England -- Actor (Rebel, Wrong Box).
- Yogi Berra: American athlete, a Hall-of-Fame baseball player, record-setting catcher, great clutch-hitter, and coach/manager known for "yogi-isms" such as "deja vue all over again," "If you come to a fork in the road, take it" and "It ain't over 'til it's over.
- August Winter: Belgian politician.
- Walter Hagen wins PGA golf tournament.
- Uzbekistan and Kirgizistan become autonomous Soviet republics.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- O Katharina! - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Alabamy Bound - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?