Thursday 28 May 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Vickers in Ann Arbor and Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau in Zehlendorf.
White Fang, directed by Lawrence Trimble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Constant Nymph by Margaret Kenned was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1925 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Martha Vickers in Ann Arbor: Michigan, USA; actress (Alimony, Man I Love, Ruthless).
- Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau in Zehlendorf: Germany; baritone (Doktor Faust).
- Bulent Ecevit: Prime Minister of Turkey (d. 2006).
- Robert Brannum: American athlete, pro basketball player with the Boston Celtics for four years in beginning in 1951 and before that with the Sheboygan Redskins.
- Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau: German baritone singer of opera and of classical songs.
- Bülent Ecevit: Turkish journalist scholar and politician 16th Prime Minister of Turkey (d. 2006)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tessie (Stop Teasing Me) - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Remember - Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?