Sunday 7 October 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simona Amanar and Aaron Ashmore.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sad Eyes by Robert John.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
The Black Stallion, directed by Carroll Ballard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Starhawk or Beam Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1979 ?
- Simona Amanar: Romanian gymnast.
- Aaron Ashmore: Canadian actor.
- Shawn Ashmore: Canadian actor.
- Simona Amânar: Romanian gymnast.
- Tang Wei: Chinese actress.
- Eubie! closes at Ambassador Theater NYC after 439 performances
- Debbie Massey wins LPGA Wheeling Golf Classic
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Commodores - Sail On
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 October 1979
- Chicago Bears - Buffalo Bills : 7 - 0
- Dallas Cowboys - Minnesota Vikings : 36 - 20
- Detroit Lions - New England Patriots : 17 - 24
- Green Bay Packers - Atlanta Falcons : 7 - 25
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?