Tuesday 7 September 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benmont Tench and Corbin Bernsen in North Hollywood.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Project XX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1954 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Benmont Tench: Gainesville, Florida -- Rock keyboardist (Heartbreakers).
- Corbin Bernsen in North Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Arnie Becker - L.A.
- Stéphane Abrial: French General, who served as Chief of Staff of the French Air Force (2006–2009) and as Commander of Allied Command Transformation (2009–2012) based in Norfolk, VA, one of the two NATO strategic commands.
- Corbin Bernsen: American actor who worked for 15 years before landing the role of Arnie, the opportunistic and womanizing divorce attorney in the TV hit series "L.
- Craig Eaton: American baseball player who made his major league debut as a member of the Kansas City Royals on September 5, 1979.
- Integration begins in Washington DC and Baltimore MD public schools
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 September 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?