Wednesday 8 August 1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oti Mabuse and Modernwarnegro .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Flatliners, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Megatrends 2000 by John Naisbitt and Patricia Aburdene was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventures of Lolo 2 or Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1990!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 August 1990 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Oti Mabuse: Dancer.
- Modernwarnegro : YouTube Star.
- Vladimír Darida: Czech footballer.
- Parker Kligerman: American race car driver.
- Iraq annexes Kuwait as its 19th province
- Pete Rose begins 5-ms prison term at Marion (IL) Federal prison camp
- Baltimore Orioles pull their 10th triple play (1-6-3 versus Oakland Athletics).
- Carlton Fisk ties Johnny Bench hitting 327 home runs as a catcher.
- Iraq occupies Kuwait and the state is annexed to Iraq. This would lead to the Gulf War shortly afterward.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?