Wednesday August 8, 1990US date format: 8/8/1990, UK date format: 8/8/1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 8, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oti Mabuse and Modernwarnegro .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Flatliners, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Women In His Life by Barbara Taylor Bradford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Laugh.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout or Conquest of the Crystal Palace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1990 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Oti Mabuse: Dancer.
- Modernwarnegro : YouTube Star.
- Vladimír Darida: Czech footballer.
- Parker Kligerman: American race car driver.
- Iraq annexes Kuwait as its 19th province
- Pete Rose begins 5-ms prison term at Marion (IL) Federal prison camp
- Baltimore Orioles pull their 10th triple play (1-6-3 versus Oakland Athletics).
- Carlton Fisk ties Johnny Bench hitting 327 home runs as a catcher.
- Iraq occupies Kuwait and the state is annexed to Iraq. This would lead to the Gulf War shortly afterward.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Daniela Romo - Explorame
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Me Tienes Que Querer - Yuri
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?