Saturday 8 December 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marty Friedman and Steve Elkington.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Girls! Girls! Girls!, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Sex And The Single Girl by Helen Gurley Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 December 1962 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Marty Friedman: American-Japanese guitarist songwriter and television host (Megadeth Cacophony and Hawaii).
- Steve Elkington: Australian professional golfer: PGA Tour.
- Nikos Karageorgiou: Greek footballer and manager.
- Wendell Pierce: American actor and producer.
- Berry van Aerle: Dutch footballer.
- Berry van: Aerle; Dutch soccer star (PSV).
- Stephen John Elkington in Inverell: Australia; PGA golfer (1990 Kmart).
- I Can Get It For You Wholesale closes at Shubert NYC after 300 performances
- Failed coup in Brunei.
- 114-day newspaper strike begins in New York City, New York, USA.
- Funeral for Queen Wilhelmina of Holland (New Kerk, Delft).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?