Friday 7 December 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Blondel and Richard Brooks.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Girls! Girls! Girls!, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Passion Flower Hotel by Rosalind Erskine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 December 1962 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Alain Blondel: French decathlete.
- Richard Brooks
- Philippe Résimont: Belgian Comedian.
- Grecia Colmenares: Venezuelan-Argentinian actress.
- Jeffrey Donaldson: Northern Irish activist and politician.
- Imad Mughniyah: Lebanese activist (d. 2008).
- Kirsten Flagstead: Norwegian soprano (Wagner), dies at age 67.
- Great Britain performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Prince Rainier III of Monaco revises the principality's constitution, devolving some of his power to advisory and legislative councils.
- The first period of the Second Vatican Council closes.
- The North Kalimantan National Army revolts in Brunei, in the first stirrings of the Indonesian Confrontation.
- The 1962 New York City newspaper strike begins, affecting all of the city's major newspapers It would last for 114 days.
- Former Dutch queen Wilhelmina buried at the New Church in Delft.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?