Sunday 9 December 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Felicity Huffman and Juan Atkins.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lawrence of Arabia, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Dearly Beloved by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 December 1962 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Felicity Huffman: American actress.
- Juan Atkins
- Willie Bosket: American homicide; the killer of two men on a subway train and perpetrator of more than 200 robberies, along with 25 stabbings by the time he was 15.
- Roxanne Swentzell: Santa Clara Pueblo (Native American) ceramic sculptor.
- I Can Get It For You Wholesale closes on Broadway
- Tanganyika becomes a republic within the British Commonwealth.
- The Petrified Forest National Park is established in Arizona.
- Tanganyika (now Tanzania) becomes a republic within the Commonwealth, with Julius Nyerere as president.
- MGM's ''The Wizard of Oz'' receives its last of four December telecasts on CBS. It will skip a telecast in 1963, so beginning in 1964, first on CBS, then on NBC, and finally again on CBS, it will nearly always be telecast during the early part of the year until Turner Entertainment buys the rights to the film in the 1990s.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?