Wednesday 12 December 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Holly Gagnier in Los Angeles and Ray Brown.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Taras Bulba, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1962 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Holly Gagnier in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (One Life to Live).
- Ray Brown: NFL guard (Washington Redskins, SF 49ers).
- Tracy Austin in Rolling Hills: California, USA; tennis pro (US Open 1979, 1981).
- Tracy Austin: American National Jr.
- Arturo Barrios: Mexican-American runner.
- Peter Bergen: American-English journalist and author
- Mike Golic: American football player and radio host
- Ulrike Tillmann: German mathematician and academic
- Sid Saylor: Actor (Wally-Waterfront), dies at 67.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 December 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?