Thursday 6 December 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Chirac and Antonella Clerici.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Girls! Girls! Girls!, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1962 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Claude Chirac: French noted family and the daughter of Bernadette and Jacques Chirac.
- Antonella Clerici: Italian television host and journalist, who debuted in 1985 on "Telereporter" as a TV announcer.
- Janine Turner: American actress.
- Ben Watt: English singer-songwriter producer and radio host (Everything but the Girl).
- US abandons Skybolt ballistic missile program.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?