Friday 28 December 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Lee and Melissa R Kelly.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
On TV people were watching Why Is It So?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1962 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Keith Lee: Basketball player (Memphis State).
- Melissa R Kelly: former Maryland politician.
- Choi Soo Jong: South Korean actor.
- Kaye Adams: Scottish television presenter, best known for her appearances on "Loose Women" from 1999 to 2006 and again from 2013.
- Michel Petrucciani: French pianist and composer who transcended the physical handicap of being a dwarf to work with established musicians, including saxophonists Lee Konitz and Charles Lloyd, but who was particularly noted for his passionate and extroverted solos.
- Kathleen Clifford: American actress (Born 1887).
- UN troops occupies Elizabethstad Katanga
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Ray Charles - You Are My Sunshine
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?