Saturday 8 February 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arlan Stangeland American politician (Representative-Republican-Minnesota and Manuel Castillo.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1930 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Manuel Castillo: Composer.
- Arlan Stangeland American politician (Representative-Republican-Minnesota: 1977-).
- Catherine Hardy in Carollton: Georgia, USA; 4x100 metre runner (Olympics-gold-1952).
- James Deetz: American anthropologist and academic (d. 2000).
- Alejandro Rey: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Actor (Carlos-Flying Nun).
- Arlan Stangeland: American farmer and politician (d. 2013).
- Happy Days Are Here Again by Benny Mereoff hits #1