Saturday 8 February 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arlan Stangeland American politician (Representative-Republican-Minnesota and Manuel Castillo.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1930 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Manuel Castillo: Composer.
- Arlan Stangeland American politician (Representative-Republican-Minnesota: 1977-).
- Catherine Hardy in Carollton: Georgia, USA; 4x100 metre runner (Olympics-gold-1952).
- James Deetz: American anthropologist and academic (d. 2000).
- Alejandro Rey: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Actor (Carlos-Flying Nun).
- Arlan Stangeland: American farmer and politician (d. 2013).
- Happy Days Are Here Again by Benny Mereoff hits #1