Sunday 8 February 2004
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marina LeBlanc .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Ya! by OutKast.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / Measure Of A Man by Sam & Mark was in the top 5 hits.
50 First Dates, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Escape from Woomera or Around the World in 80 Days.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 2004!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 February 2004 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Marina LeBlanc: American child of noted father, actor Matt LeBlanc, born at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Julius Schwartz: American comic book and science fiction editor (Born 1915).
- 2004 Democratic presidential primaries: John Kerry wins the Democratic caucus in Maine with 45 percent of the vote. Howard Dean comes in second place with 27 percent, with Dennis Kucinich (16 percent), John Edwards (8 percent), and Wesley Clark (4 percent) trailing.
- The investigation into nuclear proliferation by the Pakistani scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan expands to include seven nations. Among the countries known to be involved are Malaysia, South Africa, Japan, the United Arab Emirates, Germany and Pakistan. Nuclear technology and parts were supplied to Libya, Iran, North Korea.
- The London Iraqi exiles admits that information supplied as a key piece of intelligence might have been false (but provided in good faith). The CX report information was one of the items of intelligence on Saddam Hussein's possible use of WMD.
- In a BBC interview, Dr. Hans Blix accuses the U.S. and British governments of dramatising the threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq in order to strengthen the case for the 2003 invasion.
- Seven Chinese Uyghur Muslim acrobats defect while touring in Canada, saying that they faced persecution in China.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 February 2004
Serie AItalian Football
- Empoli - Siena : 1 - 0
- Milan - Perugia : 2 - 1
- Modena - Ancona : 2 - 1
- Parma - Lazio : 0 - 3
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Antwerp : 4 - 0
- Mouscron - Genk : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Hannover : 3 - 1
- Hertha - Stuttgart : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Lubeck : 1 - 3
- Duisburg - Unterhaching : 0 - 1
- Erzgebirge Aue - Ein Trier : 2 - 1
- Greuther Furth - Regensburg : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?