Monday 8 July 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vitali Ivanovich Sevastiyanov and Vitali Sevastyanov.
Mad Love, directed by Karl Freund, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1935 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Vitali Ivanovich Sevastiyanov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 9, 18B).
- Vitali Sevastyanov: Russian cosmonaut.
- John David: Crow; football player (Heisman Trophy 1957).
- John Crow: American football player, a halfback and winner of the most coveted and highly regarded prize in football on 12/11/1957, the Heisman Trophy.
- Donald Mouton: American Roman Catholic educator at the Christian Brothers College of Santa Fe, NM.
- Kai Pahlman: Finnish athlete and musician, a soccer/football player and pianist. He was Finnish football player of the year in 1958.
- Steve Lawrence: American singer and actor (Steve and Eydie)
- Vitaly Sevastyanov: Russian engineer and astronaut (d. 2010)
- 3rd All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 4-1 at Municipal Stadium, Cleveland
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?