Monday 8 July 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Crow and Donald Mouton.
She, directed by Lansing C. Holden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Of Time and the River by Thomas Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1935 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- John Crow: American football player, a halfback and winner of the most coveted and highly regarded prize in football on 12/11/1957, the Heisman Trophy.
- Donald Mouton: American Roman Catholic educator at the Christian Brothers College of Santa Fe, NM.
- Vitali Sevastyanov: Russian cosmonaut.
- John David: Crow; football player (Heisman Trophy 1957).
- Kai Pahlman: Finnish athlete and musician, a soccer/football player and pianist.
- Steve Lawrence: American singer and actor (Steve and Eydie).
- Vitaly Sevastyanov: Russian engineer and astronaut (d. 2010).
- Vitali Ivanovich Sevastiyanov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 9, 18B).
- 3rd All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 4-1 at Municipal Stadium, Cleveland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?