Saturday 20 July 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Peter Palumbo and Peter Palumbo.
Curly Top, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1935!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1935 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Lord Peter Palumbo: English real estate developer / multi-millionaire.
- Peter Palumbo: Baron Palumbo English businessman and art collector.
- Ted Rogers: Kennington London, England -- Comedian (Aladdin, Cinderella).
- 1st broadcast of Gang Busters on NBC-radio
- Switzerland: A Royal Dutch Airlines plane en route from Milan to Frankfurt crashes into a Swiss mountain, killing thirteen.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?