Friday 5 July 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Borel and Ibsen Pinheiro.
The Black Room, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 July 1935
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1935!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1935 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- André Borel
- Ibsen Pinheiro
- Edward McInnes: German Scholar.
- John Gilmore: American true crime author.
- Nikolaus Berwanger: German writer, journalist and politician.
- Fergus Millar: Sir Fergus Millar is a British historian and Camden Professor of Ancient History Emeritus, Oxford University.
- 1st Hawaii Calls radio program is broadcast
- 1st time brothers on opposing teams hit HRs, Tony and Al Cuccunello
- FDR signs National Labor Relations Act
- President Franklin Roosevelt signs the National Labor Relations Act.
- The National Labor Relations Act, which governs labor relations in the United States, is signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.