Thursday 25 July 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Harris [Sandra Mankwitz] and Barbara Harris.
The 39 Steps, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1935!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1935 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Barbara Harris [Sandra Mankwitz]: Actress (Plaza Suite, Family Plot).
- Barbara Harris: American actress and singer.
- Adnan Khashoggi: Saudi businessman / billionaire / arms dealer.
- Gilbert Parent: Canadian educator and politician 33rd Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons (d. 2009).
- John Robinson: American football player and coach.
- Larry Sherry: American baseball player and coach (d. 2006)
- Lars Werner: Swedish lawyer and politician (d. 2013)
- August 20 ampndash The seventh and last congress of the Comintern is held.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?