Friday 8 February 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Duma Key: A Novel by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talking Metal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chicken Hunter or Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 February 2008 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 February
- In the USA, the Supreme Court of Nebraska rules the electric chair is unconstitutional (cruel and unusual). This is the last state in the country to have allowed death by the electric chair.
- The Serbian minister for Kosovo claims that his government has information that the province's Albanian leadership will declare independence on February 17. (AFP via Google News)
- A 5.4 Mampsubampwamp/subamp earthquake southeast of Mexicali, Mexico causes 400,000 people to lose power. (USGS)
- Hamas militants launch nearly 20 rockets at nearby Israeli towns. (BBC News)
- A student shoots two students and kills herself at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (CNN)
- A woman attacks two pilots on Eagle Airways Flight 2279 from Blenheim to Christchurch, New Zealand. The aircraft lands safely at Christchurch and the suspect is arrested and charged with hijacking and three counts of assault. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- The man accused of the Gurgaon kidney scandal is arrested in Nepal. (NDTV India)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 February 2008
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Bielefeld : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Offenbach : 3 - 1
- Kaiserslautern - Munich 1860 : 1 - 2
- St Pauli - CZ Jena : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Guingamp : 3 - 1
- Angers - Boulogne : 2 - 1
- Bastia - Troyes : 1 - 0
- Chateauroux - Dijon : 2 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Charlton - Crystal Palace : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?