Thursday 8 May 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles J Camarda in New York City and Beth Henley in Jackson.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Son Of Adam Wyngate by Mary O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1952 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Charles J Camarda in New York City: New York, USA; PhD/astronaut.
- Beth Henley in Jackson: Mississippi, USA; actress/playwright (Miss Firecracker).
- Bruno Delaye: French diplomat, who served as Ambassador to Togo (1991-1992), Mexico (1994-2000), Greece (2003-2007), Spain (2007-2012), and Brazil (2012-2013).
- Philippe Jeantot: French former deep sea diver, who achieved recognition as a sailor for long-distance, single-handed racing and record-setting.
- Peter McNab: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- William Fox: Hungarian-American screenwriter and producer founded the Fox Film Corporation and Fox Theatres (d. 1952).
- Of Thee I Sing opens at Ziegfeld Theater NYC for 72 performances
- Shuffle Along opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 4 performances
- Mad Magazine debuts.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?