Wednesday 28 May 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Briggs .
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching China Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1952!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1952 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Roger Briggs: American pianist composer conductor and educator.
- The women of Greece are given the right to vote.
- Memphis Kiddie Park opens in Brooklyn, Ohio. The park's Little Dipper roller coaster would become the oldest operating steel roller coaster in North America.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 May 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Ray - Walkin' My Baby Back Home
- Bigger The Figure - Louis Prima
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?