Sunday 18 May 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Strait and Patrick Lemasle.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Son Of Adam Wyngate by Mary O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 May 1952 ?
- George Strait: American famed country western star, winner of the Country Music Association's Best Album of the Year and Best Male Vocalist of the Year awards in 1985, Country Music Association's Entertainer of the Year Award in 1989, the Tex Ritter Award in 1992 and in 1996 Single of the Year.
- Patrick Lemasle
- George Strait in Pearsall: Texas, USA; country singer ("All My Ex's Live in Texas", "Beyond the Blue Neon").
- Martin R: Hoke; American politician (Representative-Republican-Ohio).
- Diane Duane: American author and screenwriter.
- David Leakey: English general and politician.
- Jeana Yeager: American aviator.
- Diane E[lizabeth] Duane: United States -- Sci-fi author (Door into Fire).
- Rossetter Gleason Cole: Composer, dies at 86.
- Professor WF Libby says Stonehenge dates back to 1848 BCE.
- Ann Davison becomes the first woman to single-handedly sail the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Roman Catholic Church bans the books of André Gide.
- Navigation opens on the Volga-Don Canal, connecting the Caspian Sea basin with that of the Black Sea.
- The keel is laid for the U.S. nuclear submarine USS ''Nautilus''.
- Myxomatosis introduced to Europe on the French estate of Dr. Paul Armand Delille.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?