Sunday 18 May 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane E[lizabeth] Duane and George Strait in Pearsall.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1952 ?
- Diane E[lizabeth] Duane: United States -- Sci-fi author (Door into Fire).
- George Strait in Pearsall: Texas, USA; country singer ("All My Ex's Live in Texas", "Beyond the Blue Neon").
- Martin R: Hoke; American politician (Representative-Republican-Ohio).
- George Strait: American famed country western star, winner of the Country Music Association's Best Album of the Year and Best Male Vocalist of the Year awards in 1985, Country Music Association's Entertainer of the Year Award in 1989, the Tex Ritter Award in 1992 and in 1996 Single of the Year.
- Diane Duane: American author and screenwriter.
- Rossetter Gleason Cole: Composer, dies at 86.
- Professor WF Libby says Stonehenge dates back to 1848 BCE.
- Ann Davison becomes the first woman to single-handedly sail the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Roman Catholic Church bans the books of André Gide.
- Navigation opens on the Volga-Don Canal, connecting the Caspian Sea basin with that of the Black Sea.
- The keel is laid for the U.S. nuclear submarine USS ''Nautilus''.
- Myxomatosis introduced to Europe on the French estate of Dr. Paul Armand Delille.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 May 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?