Saturday 10 May 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wanderley Luxemburgo and Sly Dunbar.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monsarrat was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 May 1952 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Wanderley Luxemburgo: Brazilian former soccer player; a coach who is considered one of the country’s best despite personal conflicts with others in the sport.
- Sly Dunbar: Jamaican drummer (Sly and Robbie The Aggrovators The Upsetters and The Revolutionaries).
- Thomas Hamilton: Scottish psychopath, a suspected pedophile known locally as "Mr.
- Kikki Danielsson: Swedish singer (Wizex Chips Kikki Bettan & Lotta and Kjell Roos Band).
- Vanderlei Luxemburgo: Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Manuel Mora Morales: Spanish director and writer.
- Sly Dunbar in Kingston: Jamaica; reggae drummer (Sly and Robbie).
- Shuffle Along closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 4 performances
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?