Friday 2 May 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Baranski and Isla St Clair.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 May 1952 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Christine Baranski: Movie Actress.
- Isla St Clair: Scottish singer and actress.
- Christine Baranski in Buffalo: New York, USA; actress (Maryann - Cybill, Birdcage).
- Mari Natsuki: Japanese singer, dancer and actress.
- 1st scheduled jet airliner passenger service began with a BOAC Comet
- Operations begin at United Suriname Workers of the Netherlands which flew from London to Johannesburg carrying 36 passengers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?