Thursday 8 October 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Etheredge and David Doster.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Cracklin' Rosie by Neil Diamond.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roads to Freedom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1970 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Carlos Etheredge: WLAF tight end (Amsterdam Admirals).
- David Doster: Fort Wayne, Indiana -- Infielder (Philadelphia Phillies).
- DeWayne Knight: CFL linebacker (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- James Williams: WLAF cornerback (Scottish Claymores).
- Soon-Yi Previn: Korean American actress.
- Matt Damon: American actor, the author of a movie script that he and his buddy, actor Ben Affleck, wrote for themselves, called "Good Will Hunting." They sold the script to Miramax for over $1 million, and played the key roles themselves.
- Mayrin Villanueva: Soap Opera Actress
- Gauri Khan: Film Producer
- Anne-Marie Duff: English actress
- Mathieu Chui: Congolese colonel
- Sadiq Khan: English lawyer and politician Minister of State for Transport
- Sisaundra Lewis: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Tetsuya Nomura: Japanese video game designer and director
- Soviet author Alexander I Solzhenitsyn awarded Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Vietnam War: In Paris, a Communist delegation rejects US President Richard Nixon's October 7 peace proposal as ''a maneuver to deceive world opinion''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Dawn - Candida
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Free - All Right Now
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?