Monday 26 October 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bert Emanuel and Jessie Armstead.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Africa Erotica, directed by Louis Soulanes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tournee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1970 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Bert Emanuel: NFL wide receiver (Atlanta Falcons).
- Jessie Armstead: NFL linebacker (New York Giants).
- Randall Evans: Franklin, Virginia -- 100m / 200m runner.
- Tom Vano: Plainfield, New Jersey -- Field hockey goalkeeper (1996 Olympics).
- Dian Bachar: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Lisa Ryder: Canadian actress
- Doonesbury comic strip debuts in 28 newspapers.
- Tanzania begins building railway Lusaka-Drone ash Salaam
- Garry Trudeau's comic strip ''Doonesbury'' debuts in approximately two dozen newspapers in the United States.
- In Jordan, the government of Ahmed Toukan resigns the next prime minister is Wasfi Al-Tal.
- A cholera outbreak in eastern Slovakia causes Hungary to close its border with Czechoslovakia.
- Gary Gabelich drives the rocket-powered ''Blue Flame'' to an official world land speed record of 622.287nbspmph (1nbsp001.452nbsp863nbspkm/h) on the dry lake bed of the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. The record, the first above 1nbsp000nbspkm/h, stands for nearly 13 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 October 1970
- Los Angeles Rams - Minnesota Vikings : 3 - 13
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?