Saturday 3 October 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Justine Sowry and Manny Martinez.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roads to Freedom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1970 ?
- Justine Sowry: Australian field hockey goalie (1996 Olympics).
- Manny Martinez: San Pedro, Delaware -- Outfielder (Seattle Mariners).
- Roger Bailey: Chattahoochee, Florida -- Pitcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Tyji Armstrong: American athlete, pro football, played wide receiver from 1992-1998.
- Mario Martinez: Mexican accused assassin of presidential candidate Louis Donaldo Colosio on 3/23/1994, c. 5:00 PM, Tijuana, Mexico.
- Jason Hook: Guitarist
- Elmar Liitmaa: Estonian guitarist and songwriter (Terminaator)
- Jimmy Ray: English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Sara Zarr: American author and academic
- Coco closes at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC after 333 performances
- WAPT TV channel 16 in Jackson, MS (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Baseball umpires call their first strike.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 October 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Edwin Starr - War
- Free - All Right Now
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?