Thursday October 22, 1970
US date format: 10/22/1970, UK date format: 22/10/1970
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 22, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Coleman Rudolph and Steve Campbell.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Scrooge, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 22, 1970?
- Chilean army commander René Schneider is shot in Santiago the government declares a state of emergency. Schneider dies October 25.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 22, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- James Brown - Super Bad (Part 1 & Part 2)
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- Four Tops - Still Water (Love)
- Candi Staton - Stand By Your Man
- Wilson Pickett - Engine Number 9
- The Three Degrees - I Do Take You
- The Temptations - Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World)
- Freda Payne - Deeper & Deeper
- 100 Proof Aged in Soul - Somebody's Been Sleeping
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free