Thursday October 29, 1970
US date format: 10/29/1970, UK date format: 29/10/1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 29, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Toby Smith and Phillip Cocu.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Ryan's Daughter, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while How You Can Profit From The Coming Devaluation by Harry Browne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 29, 1970?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- See more
- WYEA (now WLTZ) TV channel 38 in Columbus, Georgia (NBC) 1st broadcast
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 29, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- James Brown - Super Bad (Part 1 & Part 2)
- Wilson Pickett - Engine Number 9
- Candi Staton - Stand By Your Man
- Four Tops - Still Water (Love)
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- The Three Degrees - I Do Take You
- The Temptations - Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World)
- Freda Payne - Deeper & Deeper
- The Presidents - 5-10-15-20 (25-30 Years Of Love)
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 29If October 29, 1970 is your birthday you're 49 years, 10 months, 22 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 9 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free