Sunday October 08, 1972
US date format: 10/8/1972, UK date format: 8/10/1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 8, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Kim Myung-min and Jared Kaaiohelo.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Last Tango in Paris, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Report To The Commissioner by James Mills was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M*A*S*H.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 08, 1972?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- See more
- From Israel with Love closes at Palace Theater NYC after 8 performances
- Harold Carmichael begins NFL streak of 127 consecutive game receptions
- Lerrin LaGrow Campy, who had been hit by a pitch, is fined and suspended
- R. Sargent Shriver is chosen to replace Thomas Eagleton as the U.S. vice-presidential nominee of the Democratic Party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 08, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - Get On The Good Foot-Part 1
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly")
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Millie Jackson - My Man, A Sweet Man
- King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray
- Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
- Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager - (They Long To Be) Close To You
Sport Games on October 08, 1972
- Chicago Bears - Green Bay Packers : 17 - 20
- Denver Broncos - Cincinnati Bengals : 10 - 21
- Detroit Lions - Atlanta Falcons : 26 - 23
- Kansas City Chiefs - Cleveland Browns : 31 - 7
- Miami Dolphins - New York Jets : 27 - 17
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 08If October 08, 1972 is your birthday you're 47 years, 11 months, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 08, 1972?
On October 08, 1972 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is October 08, 1972?
On October 08, 1972 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 08, 1972?
On October 08, 1972 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 08, 1972?
On October 08, 1972 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 08, 1972?
On October 08, 1972 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 08, 1972?
On October 08, 1972 several famous people were born including, Kim Myung-min, Dede Demet, Jared Kaaiohelo.
What was the number one song in October 08, 1972?
The number one song in the week of October 08, 1972 was Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis in US and Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon in UK.
What were the top hits on October 08, 1972?
The top hits on October 08, 1972 were Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis, Ben by Michael Jackson, Back Stabbers by The O'Jays in US and Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon, How Can I Be Sure by David Cassidy, Donna by 10cc in UK.