Monday 9 October 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Kelly and Roman Oben.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Ben by Michael Jackson.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Last Tango in Paris, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Izdanci iz opaljenog grma.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1972 ?
- Maurice Kelly: CFL linebacker (BC Lions).
- Roman Oben: Tackle (New York Giants).
- Sarah Vandenbergh: Australian actor.
- Audie England: American actress.
- Dude opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 16 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 October 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Hot Butter - Popcorn
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?