Monday October 09, 1972
US date format: 10/9/1972, UK date format: 9/10/1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 9, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Erin Daniels and Véronique Rolland-Pecqueux.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Ben by Michael Jackson.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Sbatti il mostro in prima pagina, directed by Marco Bellocchio, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while O Jerusalem! by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M*A*S*H.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 09, 1972?
- Dude opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 16 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 09, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly")
- James Brown - Get On The Good Foot-Part 1
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray
- Four Tops - (It's The Way) Nature Planned It
- Millie Jackson - My Man, A Sweet Man
- Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
Sport Games on October 09, 1972
- Oakland Raiders - Houston Oilers : 34 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?