Monday October 02, 1972
US date format: 10/2/1972, UK date format: 2/10/1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 2, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Emma Colberti and Aaron McKie.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Last Tango in Paris, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Open Marriage by Nena and George O'Neill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M*A*S*H.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 02, 1972?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- From Israel with Love opens at Palace Theater NYC for 8 performances
- Bill Stoneman of Montreal pitches his 2nd no-hitter, beating Mets, 7-0
- Danish population votes for European Common Market membership
- Ron Johnson becomes first New York Giants' player to score four touchdowns (vs Philadelphia Eagles).
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 02, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - Get On The Good Foot-Part 1
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly")
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Millie Jackson - My Man, A Sweet Man
- King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray
- Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
- Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager - (They Long To Be) Close To You
Sport Games on October 02, 1972
- New York Giants - Philadelphia Eagles : 27 - 12
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 02If October 02, 1972 is your birthday you're 47 years, 11 months, 20 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?