Sunday 29 October 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rhonda Blades and Tracee Ellis Ross.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Solaris, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Das Licht der schwarzen Kerze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1972 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Rhonda Blades: WNBA guard (NY Liberty).
- Tracee Ellis Ross: American actress.
- Gabrielle Union: American actress.
- Tracee Ross: TV Actress.
- Takafumi Horie: Japanese businessman founded Livedoor.
- Jo Ann Prentice wins LPGA Corpus Christi Civitan Golf Open
- Don Cockroft of Cleveland Browns kicks 57-yard field goal.
- The Black September group hijacks a Lufthansa Boeing 727 over Turkey, demanding the release of 3 comrades still held for the massacre of Israeli athletes at the Olympic Games.
- U.S. President Richard Nixon approves legislation to increase Social Security spending by US$5.3 billion.
- A commuter train collision in Chicago kills 45, injures hundreds.
- At a scientific meeting in Honolulu, Herbert Boyer and Stanley N. Cohen conceive the concept of recombinant DNA. They publish their results in November 1973 in PNAS. Separately in 1972, Paul Berg also recombines DNA in a test tube. Recombinant DNA technology has dramatically changed the field of biological sciences, especially biotechnology, and opened the door to genetically modified organisms.
- The Nishitetsu Lions baseball club, part of the NPB's Pacific League, is sold to the Fukuoka Baseball Corporation, a subsidiary of Nishi-Nippon Railroad. The team is renamed the Taiheiyo Club Lions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 October 1972
- Chicago Bears - St. Louis Cardinals : 27 - 10
- Cleveland Browns - Denver Broncos : 27 - 20
- Houston Oilers - Cincinnati Bengals : 7 - 30
- Kansas City Chiefs - San Diego Chargers : 26 - 14
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?