Friday 13 October 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Foster and Margarita Maria Beatriz.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Ben by Michael Jackson.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Boot Hill, directed by Giuseppe Colizzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Colditz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1972 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Jean Foster: Columbus, Georgia -- 3x20 rifle (1996 Olympics).
- Margarita Maria Beatriz: Princess of the Netherlands.
- Bernardo Jaime: Dutch royalty, the son of Princess Irene who is the daughter of Juliana and Bernhard, and her Spanish husband Prince Hugo Carlos de Bourbon-Parma.
- Margarita : Dutch royalty, the daughter of Princess Irene who is the daughter of Juliana and Bernhard, and her Spanish husband Prince Hugo Carlos de Bourbon-Parma.
- Gaëtan Roussel: French singer, songwriter and composer, lead vocalist of the bands Louise Attaque (name inspired by the group "Violent Femmes") and Tarmac.
- Summer Sanders: American swimmer and sportscaster
- Hurry, Harry closes at Ritz Theater NYC after 2 performances
- Argentine Fairchild crashes in Andesgebergte (rugby team eats crash victims to survive)
- Commish Bowie Kuhn allows Bert Campaneris to play in World Series
- Aeroflot Il-62 crashes in large pond outside Moscow, Russia, 176 die.
- Uruguay to Chile plane crashes in Andes Mountain, (December 23rd rescue).
- An Aeroflot Ilyushin Il-62 crashes outside Moscow killing 176.
- Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 crashes in the Andes mountains, near the border between Argentina and Chile. By December 23, 1972, only 16 out of 45 people lived long enough to be rescued.
- A plane carrying U.S. Congressman Hale Boggs of Louisiana and 3 other men vanishes in Alaska. The wreckage has never been found, despite a massive search at the time.
- Rioting Maze Prison inmates cause a fire that destroys most of the camp.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Hot Butter - Popcorn
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?