Monday 16 October 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Darren Balmforth and Mary Powell.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Boot Hill, directed by Giuseppe Colizzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Colditz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1972 ?
- Darren Balmforth: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Mary Powell: American homicide victim, Powell was last seen alive on October 1, 1994 at approximately 11:30 AM in front of her apartment in Clifton Park, New York.
- Adrianne Frost: American comedian actress and author.
- Darius Kasparaitis: Elektrenai, Lithuania -- NHL defenseman (Islanders, Pittsburgh).
- Tomas Lindberg: Swedish singer-songwriter (At the Gates Lock Up Disfear The Great Deceiver Grotesque The Crown Skitsystem and Liers in Wait).
- Kordell Stewart: NFL quarterback / wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Leo G Carroll: Actor (Topper, Man From Uncle), dies at 80.
- Pacific Paradise opens at Palace Theater NYC for 5 performances
- Creedence Clearwater Revival breaks up
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 October 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Hot Butter - Popcorn
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?