Monday October 16, 1972
US date format: 10/16/1972, UK date format: 16/10/1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 16, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Mary Powell and Darren Balmforth.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Sbatti il mostro in prima pagina, directed by Marco Bellocchio, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while On The Night Of The Seventh Moon by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M*A*S*H.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 16, 1972?
- Pacific Paradise opens at Palace Theater NYC for 5 performances
- Creedence Clearwater Revival breaks up
- Leo G Carroll: Actor (Topper, Man From Uncle), dies at...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 16, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly")
- James Brown - Get On The Good Foot-Part 1
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Four Tops - (It's The Way) Nature Planned It
- Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
- The Manhattans - One Life To Live
Sport Games on October 16, 1972
- Green Bay Packers - Detroit Lions : 24 - 23
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 16If October 16, 1972 is your birthday you're 47 years, 11 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 21 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?