Tuesday 9 August 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaudenzio Bernasconi and Henri Domec.
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1932 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Gaudenzio Bernasconi: Italian soccer player and coach.
- Henri Domec: French rugby player, selected 20 times in international events between 1953 and 1958.
- Bill Forester: American sportsman, a pro football linebacker in the National Football League.
- Luciano Delfino: Italy sport Champion.
- Tam Dalyell: Scottish academic and politician.
- John Gomery: Canadian lawyer and jurist
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 August 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?