Wednesday 17 August 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Sempé and V S Naipaul.
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1932 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Jean-Jacques Sempé: French cartoonist.
- V S Naipaul
- V Naipaul: 2001 Nobel Prize-winning British writer known for his comic early novels set in Trinidad, his bleaker later novels of the wider world, and his autobiographical chronicles of life and travels.
- Jacques Sempé: Bordeaux Cartoonists.
- Pearson: American pianist and composer (d. 1980).
- Vidiadhar S Naipaul: Trinidad -- Novelist (Middle Passage).
- Chet Allen in Chickasha: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Jerry - Bonino, Slats - Troubleshooter).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?