Tuesday 16 August 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Morrow Lindbergh and Eydie Gorme in Bronx.
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1932 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Jon Morrow Lindbergh
- Eydie Gorme in Bronx: New York, USA; singer (The Tonight Show, Bossa Nova).
- Jon Lindbergh: American noted family, the second son of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabian prince (d. 2015).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?