Tuesday 16 August 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1932). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Morrow Lindbergh and Eydie Gorme in Bronx.
Ride Him, Cowboy, directed by Fred Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1932
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1932 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Jon Morrow Lindbergh
- Eydie Gorme in Bronx: New York, USA; singer (The Tonight Show, Bossa Nova).
- Jon Lindbergh: American noted family, the second son of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabian prince (d. 2015).