Monday 8 August 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Witherspoon and Luis Garcia Meza Tejada.
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Sheltered Life by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1932 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Jimmy Witherspoon: Singer.
- Luis Garcia Meza Tejada: Bolivian dictator.
- Luis Tejada: Bolivian general and politician 68th President of Bolivia.
- Mel Tillis: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Old Dogs).
- Congress creates Silver Star medal for gallantry.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?