Friday 9 September 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ali Doelman-Pel and Sylvia Miles.
Thirteen Women, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Sheltered Life by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1932!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1932 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Ali Doelman-Pel: Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Sylvia Miles: NYC, New York -- Actress (Midnight Cowboy, Farewell My Lovely).
- William Dooley: American singer, an internationally known baritone and recording artist.
- Gene O’Quin: American country and western and honky tonk singer.
- Bill Porter: American salesman born with cerebral palsy who became the subject of an inspirational articles, a book and a movie.
- Müşfik Kenter: Turkish actor (d. 2012)
- Mine strikes at Belgian Borinage ended
- Spanish Cortes grants Catalonia autonomy
- Steamboat SS Observation explodes in NYC East River (71 killed)
- Frank Crosetti ties record, strikes out twice in one inning.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?