Friday 19 August 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas P Salmon and John James Fenwick.
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1932 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Thomas P Salmon: 75th Governor of Vermont.
- John James Fenwick: English warehouse owner / multi-millionaire.
- Pierre Lafrance: French diplomat, who served as his country's ambassador to Iran (1985-1987), Mauritania (1988-1991) and Pakistan (1993-1997).
- Thomas Salmon: American lawyer, politician, state governor (dem vt), married once, four children.
- Lucien De Munster: Belgium sport Champion.
- 46th US Womens Tennis: Helen Jacobs beats Carolin A Babcock (62 62)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?