Monday 9 August 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ezra Polley and John Smith.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vital Spark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1965 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Ezra Polley: Georgetown, Kentucky -- Pitcher (New York Yankees).
- John Smith: Del City, Oklahoma -- 62kg freestyle wrestler (1988, 92 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Kyle Kyle in Kensington: Pennsylvania, USA; rock bassist (Bang Tango-Dancin' on Coals).
- Chris Miller: American athlete, quarterback.
- Chin Ka-lok: Hong Kong actor and choreographer.
- Creighton Hale: Silent film actor (Cat & Canary), dies at 83.
- Fire in Titan II silo in Searcy Arkansas, 53 die
- Singapore is expelled from Malaysia and becomes the first and only country to date to gain independence unwillingly.
- A fire at a Titan missile base near Searcy, Arkansas kills 53 construction workers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 August 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?