Tuesday 31 August 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Saint Martin and Pablo Motos.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Help! by The Beatles.
That Funny Feeling, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Oxford History Of The American People by Samuel Eliot Morison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vital Spark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 August 1965 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Eric Saint Martin: French jockey, winner of the Arc de Triomphe in 1993, riding Urban Sea.
- Pablo Motos
- Willie Watson: New Zealand cricketer.
- Celine Bonnier: French-Canadian actress.
- Céline Bonnier: Canadian actress.
- Zsolt Borkai: Hungarian gymnast and politician.
- Susan Gritton: English soprano and actress.
- Daniel Bernhardt: Swiss actor.
- House of Reps joins Senate establish Department of Housing & Urban Develop
- US House of Representatives joins Senate in establishing Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- The U.S. Forest Service announces it has received six bids to develop a ski resort on Mineral King in California. A proposal from Disney is one of two leading candidates. Disney's US$35 million proposal includes up to 27 chair lifts with capacity for 11,400 seats per hour, hotels for up to 3000 guests, and ten-story underground parking for 3600 cars.
- The Aero Spacelines Super Guppy aircraft makes its first flight.
- President Johnson signs a law penalizing the burning of draft cards with up to 5 years in prison and a $1,000 fine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Help!
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag Part 1
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Mel Carter - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?