Friday 13 August 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cris Dishman and Leo Groenewegen.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vital Spark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1965 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Cris Dishman: NFL cornerback (Houston Oilers, Washington Redskins).
- Leo Groenewegen: CFL guard (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Mark Lemke: American baseball player coach and radio host.
- Hayato Matsuo: Japanese composer and conductor.
- The rock group Jefferson Airplane debuts at the Matrix in San Francisco, California and begins to appear there regularly.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?